Braces are on trend again! Nowadays, many adults are also seeking orthodontic treatment like braces to get a straight, beautiful smile. This treatment not just improves the way your smile look but also help in improving the health of your teeth and gums.
While for children, the American Association of Orthodontics suggests, if they are 7 or older, they can be evaluated for their dental condition and get the orthodontic treatment planned accordingly. Braces have always been the first and most common orthodontic choice for children.
Benefits of Getting Braces
Having a healthy and perfect set of teeth with the help of dental braces can have numerous benefits, such as:
- Braces can prevent certain oral conditions by helping fix the spacing between teeth, making it easy for you to brush and floss. Otherwise, the food lodged between teeth can lead to gum disease, cavities, etc.
- Protruding teeth are more prone to injuries. But with, braces specializing in straightening teeth, they can help prevent injuries to your teeth.
- Misaligned teeth can cause bone loss, and realigning teeth with braces can help prevent it.
- With beautiful, straight teeth, you will be able to have higher self-esteem in talking and dealing in public.
- You can fix your bite issues and also the pronunciation issues that your misaligned teeth gave.
Braces For Early Treatment in Kids
For children, orthodontic treatment is divided into two phases. The first phase begins during the age of 7-10, and the second phase starts when their permanent teeth erupt. If the child is already facing issues with their upper front teeth, then phase one treatment can address their oral concern instead of waiting till junior high school.
Braces for Adults
An adolescent/adult who chooses dental braces can avoid chances of developing severe tooth decay, gum irritation, jawbone loss, wearing of tooth enamel, and TMJ/TMD pain.
Duration of Treatment
Treatment time is usually one to three years. But it is important to note that the duration depends a lot on the severity of the problem. The patients who strictly follow the instructions provided by the orthodontist can get their treatment time reduced as well.
If you are interested in learning more about our orthodontic treatments, visit our Bradshaw + Katras Orthodontic Specialists offices in Tennessee. We will be happy to guide you further!