John L. Hathaway, DDS
Dr. John L. Hathaway has been in the business of making beautiful smiles since 1985. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering at the University of Tennessee in 1970, and completed his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree through the University of Tennessee Dental School in 1976. In 1985, Dr. Hathaway earned his Orthodontic Certificate at Fairleigh Dickenson University.
Dr. Hathaway’s philosophy, and the philosophy of the entire office, is to deliver the most outstanding treatment possible in a compassionate and caring atmosphere. We encourage every member of our team to treat each patient professionally and with great kindness.
Dr. Hathaway is a member of the following professional organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Tennessee Dental Association, from which he received the Tennessee Dental Association Fellowship Award in 2009
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Southern Association of Orthodontics
- Tennessee Association of Orthodontics
- FDDS President (2006-2007)
Dr. Hathaway’s involvement in these organizations has allowed him to continue his orthodontic education. He says, “I still get a thrill and a tremendous amount of satisfaction in finishing treatment, especially a complicated one. The relieved and happy smiles of my patients make my job truly meaningful.”